2016 Sonoma County Chardonnay



VINIFICATION 

85% of the Chardonnay was cold fermented in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks in order to maintain the high fruit profile. The remaining 15% was barrel fermented in neutral french oak. 


VINEYARD LOCATION

The majority of the grapes for this wine are Clone 4 from the Vino Farms’ Airport Vineyard in the heart of Sonoma County.

 

VINTAGE CONDITIONS

The 2016 growing season started with consistent rainfall with moderate spring temps allowing for an early bud break and rapid growth. Warmer temps and a dry summer without frost accelerated ripening and resulted in quite aromatic, condensed flavors with higher acidity. 


VARIETAL COMPOSITION

Sonoma County Chardonnay 


COOPERAGE 

15% Barrel Fermented Neutral French Oak 


TOTAL CASES MADE

2,717 cases 


HARVEST DATE

September 2016 


BOTTLING DATE

June 2, 2017 


ALCOHOL

14.1% 


RS

0.1g/100ml 


TA

0.6 g/100ml 3.5 


PH

3.5

    



Downloads

RVTZ 2016 Sonoma County Chardonnay (pdf)

Download